Monday, May 5, 2008

Husker Ride Tonight

Forecast for 6 p.m. tonight - 79 degrees, sunny, wind from the south (that's right, from the SOUTH) at 10 mph. Not 25 mph, not 30 mph, but 10 mph!!! We won't have to ride all the way through town to the airport to ride back with the wind! I'll be rockin' the green jersey tonight - no Wednesday ride for me this week (got a gig that goes until 6 on Wednesday). No tights, leg warmers, long wool socks, long fingered gloves, long sleeved base layers, jackets, or skull caps necessary. What does it feel like to ride in just shorts and a jersey? I've forgotten. Hope to see lots of people at the Bike Rack!

8 comments:

kevin said...

you just might see me and my blindingly pastie-white legs!

hooooooo-ahhhhhh!

nicol said...

Oh please no.

nicol said...

;)

kevin said...

I spared you Nicol. I just couldn't say no when I got home and my son said "Dad, you're just in time to play ball with us!"

Twas a great night out for a ride, for sure.

Bob K said...

Great night for a ride - not quite the pace we rode on Saturday, Kevin. We ended up going out to Bluestem lake (34 miles round trip), with an average speed right at 18 mph. Fast ride for me, but Janna was yelling at me and pushing me (literally) to go up the hills faster. She's gotten tough since going Cat 3 and riding with the racer dudes on Wednesdays. I think she enjoyed being way faster than everyone and just toodling along while I was sucking air. At least I didn't get dropped (on the no-drop ride).

nicol said...

Kevin, that's right. How could you say no to that? :)

Bob, I saw you booking it between 22-25 mph, when we were heading for that Y intersection near Sprague.

34 miles, eh? Bluestem lake must not be as far as the sign leads one to believe because I turned off into Sprague and my computer said I did 30 miles. I thought it was 5 more miles, one way--west, to Bluestem from that Y intersection.

Bob K said...

Yeah, it's not that far - I mapped it on veloroutes.org and it's 2.7 miles from Sprague to Bluestem.

Bob K said...

Kevin, my kids just ask me for gas money when I come home.